A new trend in the world which doesn’t look like it is not going to go away anytime soon is blogging. Everybody owns a blog .Be it a blog for Music, News And Lifestyle like sowlradio as personal Journals like kemiand ibukun and an information blog, like this one you are reading at the moment.
For those that didn’t know we have different blogging platforms, word press, blog spots, blogger, the list is endless. They can be controlled through what we call dashboard where you can check the number of times people have visited your blog, daily, weekly, month, you can create a new post and customize the layout of your blog by simply logging in to their account.
Just like a blog where you can control by the dashboard, a website is controlled by a control panel. After you pay for your domain name and hosting, you will be given a username and a password where you can manage your website.
The question I am sure most of you are asking right now is “How do I access the control panel of my website”. Read the steps and you will be able to answer that question by yourself.
- Type your control panel’s address into your web browser’s address bar, such as “www.indomie.com/cpanel,” then press “Enter.” You are directed to the login page. Type in the username and password for your account.
- Go to the “Logs” section of your control panel and click “Choose Log Programs” to set up the statistics program you want to use.
- Check the program you want to use — “Analog,” “Awstats” and/or “Webalizer” — and click “Save.”
- Click “Awstats,” “Analog Stats,” “Webalizer” or the log program you selected in the previous step to track your traffic (under “Logs”).
- Click the “View” button to load the report. The number of visitors to your website is displayed. Scroll to the data you want to review.
There you have it, it is quite straightforward. That bring us to the end of another post.